We had this session because most of us want to learn the basic of how to apply make-up properly, daily make-up to wear in the office and the recommended tools and make-up brands. For this session, our guest make-up guru is Ms. Liz Capalad. She studied make-up and according to her, make-up artistry is not her profession but she does this because of her love, passion, and as a personal outlet of artistry.
First, she discussed to us her make-up tips and tricks by using a powerpoint presentation. So without further ado, let me share to you what I learned. :)
Basic Make-up kit essentials:
- Powder compact foundation and/or pressed powder
- 3 shades of lipstick: natural, dark, coral or pink
- Powder blush
- Pencil/liquid/gel liner
- Lip Gloss/ lip balm
- Blotting sheets
Basic Face Routine:
- Sun Screen
- Light Foundation
She also shared and showed to us her make-ups and suggested the brands that are good to use which she has already tried:
For moisturizer: OLAY for dry skin, Nu Skin, Celeteque
For toner: Nu Skin, Celeteque
For foundation: Revlon ColorStay, Maybelline, Face Shop
For powder: MAC Studio Fix in NC30(number with gaps of 2 depending on your skin color)
For concealer: Skin Food Salmon Dark Circle, VOV
For primer: Laura Mercier, MAC
For eyebrow color: in2it waterproof eyebrow colour
For eyeliner: Urban Decay, in2it waterproof gel liner
For bronzer: Fanny Serrano, MAC, Prestige, Body Shop, ELF
For lipstick: Maybelline, CoverGirl, MAC, Bobbi Brown
For Kabuki brush: Alyanna
For eyelash curler: Shu Uemura
For make-up brushes: Suesh, Charm, Marionnaud, ELF
Revlon Colorstay Foundation - Mary Kay Foundation - MAC Studio Fix in NC30
Box of Sponge
IN2IT waterproof eyebrow colour - MAC Paint Pot Peintures (Primer for eyelids)
Naked Palette - MAC lipsticks
Tips & Tricks:
* Application of make-up is from wet to dry to avoid CAKE make-up.
* Curl eyelashes then put Mascara. Do not curl eyelashes again.
* Wet sponge attract bacteria. Avoid wetting your sponge.
* When applying concealer, tap only. Don't rub.
* Mascara must be smudge-proof and water-proof to avoid raccoon eyes.
Basic must-have brushes:
- Powder brush
- Eye shadow brush
- Blending brush
- Eyeliner brush
- Angled Blush brush
How to clean your make-up brushes:
1) Wet through running water with the brush positioned horizontally. Do not dip/immerse the brush into the water vertically as it will soften the glue that holds the hair of the brush together.
2) Use baby shampoo to soap it and remove all the dirt.
3) Wash it again in running water.
4) Hang in your dresser to let it dry. Do not let it dry under the sun or inside the bath room.
She discussed everyday make-up, corporate make-up, and night/glamorous make-up. She also allowed us to look closely on the make-ups in her beautiful pink stash. She also did a corporate simple make-up to one of my officemate.
Before the session ends, she also looked into our own make-up kits and suggested on what items we should also have. For our next bonding session, it would definitely to buy the items that we are lacking. So excited for the next bonding moments with girlfriends! :) Thank you very much Ms. Liz for everything that you shared with us.