Picture

Picture

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Remarkable Play Which Will Capture Your Heart : The Phantom Of The Opera in Manila

I am so lucky to be able to watch the Phantom Of The Opera live at the Main Theater of CCP. Not to mention, it was at a discounted price. Thanks to Ticket World for having me! :) 

My sister and I arrived early at the CCP theater to avoid the rush hour traffic. Because of this we had ample time to roam around the lobby to take pictures. There was also a snack bar at the back of the main stairs and a kiosk where you can buy you souvernirs such as key chains, teddy bear, accessories CD, shirts, and caps.
I had my seat at the Parterre box where I had a perfect view of the stage because it is elevated and it was not very far from the stage. I saw the theater was in Full House and I believed all of them were as excited as I was to finally experience and hear the songs of the Phantom Of the Opera live.

Photo courtesy of Ticket World Manila's Facebook.

It was so excellent to insert Filipino humor to the play. The cast delivered it so fine that it stroked the theater into laughter. You will never miss the part "if you need me, I'll be in Boracay".

One of my favorite parts were Christine and Raoul's very romantic scene on the rooftop. It was just so magical to have a very beautiful scenery and be with the one you love. The background is so amazing and the buildings at night looks very realistic. "Love me - that's all I ask of you, anywhere you go let me go too, love me - that's all I ask of you..."

My other favorite part was when Raoul is trying to save her beloved Christine from the Phantom. It was a jaw dropping, intense scene that it surely heightened my emotions.
Photo courtesy of Ticket World Manila's Facebook.

This is an evident story of what love sometimes pushed as to do. Especially when jealousy comes into the picture, as humans we do things we never thought we could ever do. But we must never lose hope that everything will be fine and that in the end good heart will still prevail.

This play is definitely a must-watch - spectacular stage, elegant costumes, graceful dancers, great cast and wonderful story. They really know how to put up a good show! It will run until October 14, 2012 - Tuesdays to Fridays at 8PM, Saturdays and Sundays at 3PM & 8PM. So don't miss it! 

You may buy your tickets online - www.ticketworld.com.ph or in any of Ticket World's outlets around Manila. They also offer student discount for Balcony 1 and 2 sections. 






No comments:

Post a Comment